1. Piezoelectric rain sensor has higher sensitivity, up to 0.01mm, and can detect drizzle, because the highest accuracy of a conventional tipping bucket rain gauge is also 0.1mm, which means that rainfall at a height of 0.1mm will be counted, which will miss out on drizzle.
2. Low loss, due to the long rainfall path of the flip bucket type, there will be surface evaporation phenomenon, but the piezoelectric rain sensor is instantaneous and there will be no additional rainfall evaporation loss.
3. Piezoelectric rain sensor measurement range is large, and the maximum rainfall intensity of a conventional tipping bucket rain gauge is 0-8mm/hour. The piezoelectric type raingauge, without considering the response time due to the absence of moving mechanical components, can theoretically reach a range of at least 0-500mm/hour. It is more suitable to deal with the extremely heavy rainstorm level rainfall process.
4. Long service life, as there are no moving parts and the material is stainless steel 304, the piezoelectric rain sensor service life is longer than that of a tipping bucket rain gauge.
5. Compared to the flip bucket rain gauge, piezoelectric rain sensor has a smaller volume and is easier to install.